We are through traveling with Road Scholar, sad to say. We traveled with Road Scholar in May, 2022 to Ireland with a group of 16 during the time when the United States would not accept us back without a negative Covid test. Road Scholar did not check our vaccine cards when we arrived. Although the group was asked to mask on the buses, mask wearing was not enforced. When a member of the group wasn’t feeling well she was not tested for Covid. When other members of the group DID test positive for Covid the rest of us weren’t notified. The final result: seven of our group had to stay in Ireland with positive Covid tests. One more tested positive after she returned home. HALF of the group had gotten Covid during our short trip to Ireland (which was reporting NO covid cases at that time). We canceled the next planned trip to Egypt and the Middle East because we just no longer trusted jRoad Scholar for a big international travel. We asked to transfer our deposit to a different trip that we would be comfortable with, However, Road Scholar will not transfer our down payment.
So we are done traveling with Road Scholar. I’ve spent all too many hours waiting on their phone calls and they would rather cash in on our deposit than have our future business. Gayle Ebel
I looked up trip and if you are less than 67 days out from program start date beit transfer or cancel you lose your deposit.
Not all programs are the same, so be forewarned to read the policy carefully…
Not all programs are the same, so be forewarned to read the policy carefully before signing up for any program.
Given your bad experience and your willingness to transfer to another program I am saddened that RS didn't make an exception and allow you to transfer the deposit as well.