I have been in touch with Road Scholar all week re this virus in Italy which has now spread to Sicily.
I am getting mixed messages back from RS when I contact them. One email states that there are NO warnings
from the CDC about travel to Italy. I responded back stating that that was incorrect because the CDC has posted a level 2
warning about travel there and that it has spread to Sicily. I asked them to look at the CDC website and get back to me with an
apology about their misinformation. They emailed back and said yes they saw this level 2 warning.
This trip has to be canceled. I have spoken with one other traveler on this trip with the same concerns.
If we cancel now we will lose 50% of our hard earned money. I have had several great trips with RS
and have 2 more reserved for this year and possibly 4 more in 2021. I am waiting for RS to cancel this
trip before I continue with this company. My bet is they are concerned about how uncomfortable we all
are about this trip and how this would affect the enjoyment of Sicily. We all are older than 55 + which
makes us VERY vulnerable to this virus. Certainly the reviews would show our concerns. I hope the other
concerned travelers will call or email RS about cancelling this trip.
I await their confirmation that this trip will be canceled.