Solo Traveler Independent Provence 2019

I am a solo female traveler who is going to be going to Aix-en- Provence in February 2019.  Hopefully others can make contact before we go!  I will be leaving from Phoenix.

• Gosh! This is an area I've always wanted to visit. It would be very helpful to learn more about this trip; how long, cost, and perhaps a "solo" conversation to see if this would work. I'm new to this conversation having just discovered it, so I'm not certain of the correct way to contact other solo travelers. Anyway, I would really like to hear your take on this solo trip.
  • In reply to dblessing7022839:

I have traveled in France before but not in this area. I am looking forward to it ! The apartments in the hotel that RS books for us appear to be very nice and close to the city center. I have signed up for the language classes in the mornings. All the information is on their site under Independent Provence. You can also read reviews of the trip from previous travelers who did this.
  • In reply to cathye.austin040801:

thanks so much for this info. It helps. Never have traveled a long train trip nor solo, so it's a new experience for me. I'll check out the Provence site.
  • In reply to cathye.austin040801:

My first RS trip was to Provence in 2001. We stayed in both Arles and then Aix; both are interesting places. I particularly love the quality of light in that area and all the wonderful local cheeses, even though I am lactose intolerant. Those Lactaid pills allowed me to enjoy them all. If you have any free time, do visit Arles. I hope you will have a fabulous time.
  • In reply to zen021519:

Thank you. I do plan on going to Arles on one of the weekends.
  • Cathy, I am also a solo traveler. I have signed up for both the Language & culinary tracks for the February 2019 trip. I will be leaving from Chicago. So far, I am going 1 day prior and staying 1 day later.
  • In reply to emoore3305101012:

I have signed up for both too!  How nice to hear from someone else on the trip!  I will arrive on the day and at the end will be hopping on a river cruise back up to Paris.  

• Can you tell me how the weather was? All the pictures are of summertime, not February. Thanks. Dawn