First time traveler abroad and first time on my own

I am a bit scared but I have to do this.  Any advice?  I was always going to go to Italy with my husband but unfortunately, he passed away and I still want to go but I don't have anyone to go with.  This September, I will be traveling to Italy for the first time.  Any advice and/or assurances would be welcome.  I have no idea what to expect.

• Check out the "Solo" forums. People have offered some wonderful advice and/or assurances. I travel solo always and have found Road Scholar to be a great way to travel and learn. Enjoy.
  • I travelled to southern Italy about a year ago as a solo. We were a group of about 24. There were 8 women traveling solo. We had a marvelous time. Enjoy!
  • So sorry for your loss. I went to Peru as a solo traveler and it was wonderful. The others were very welcoming. Road Scholar is a great way for solo travelers to travel. There always was someone to sit with and no decisions to be made. It may be a bit emotional since your loss was so recent. But, if you are ready , then go.
  • I took a trip to Switzerland alone after my husband died. Everyone was friendly. I enjoyed it so much I am taking a solo trip to Italy this October. I did feel sad that my husband was not with me, but I still had a good time. Enjoy!
  • It would be worth your time to read through various discussion links on this topic and you will feel assured, even excited about taking a trip solo. It is much safer and more fun traveling with RS than going on your own or even with another person since the leaders will take care of the details and there are many interesting and congenial people to share your travel experiences with. You will undoubtedly miss your husband but you will gain confidence in doing things on your own. You can "meet" some of your fellow travelers in advance by joining the discussion for your particular trip. Have a wonderful time!