I wanted to share frustrating experience as a customer/traveler of Road Scholar:
My upcoming trip has not started yet, but the experience working with RS has been frustrating and disappointed.
* When RS office was open, I’ve been waiting on the phone for at least 30 minutes, and no one is available. RS offered call back feature, but they don’t understand that not everyone can use the call back feature. It's impossible to spend another 30 minutes to hold the phone either.
* I cannot access my own PIF online for more than 48 hours after I’ve already enrolled to a trip and paid the deposit. Because RS Office is closed on Sat. and Sunday, I cannot reach anyone to resolve the problem. (I was able to access my PIF online earlier.)
* The CSR (customer service representative) who answered the call or, who answered the chat, not familiar with the program I've enrolled. I was holding the phone for 30 minutes, but still cannot get my questions answered.
* RS cannot match the flight price that the airline is offering.
On an identical flight itinerary, RS flight price is TWICE higher than the airline is offering.
* RS policy: On the international trip, you may not join the airport-hotel group transfer if you did not purchase flight ticket from RS regardless if your flight schedule aligns to RS's group transfer schedule or not.
On my case, my flight schedule is identical to the flight schedule which RS is offering.
This is a 12-person only international program and it's already full. In another word, I am one of the 12 enrolled travelers.
But, RS won't let me know if I can join the group transfer or not until much closer to the start of my program.
* Taxi is not recommend due to safety reason on my upcoming trip. Although by paying at least $50, RS can arrange an individual transfer. However, the destination is a totally different country, for anyone, a group transfer would be much safer than any individual transfer.
* Suggestion: Why RS cannot simply offer the option to Program Only travelers that by paying additional fee, the Program Only travelers can also join the group transfer between airport and hotel as long as traveler’s flight schedule aligns with the group transfer?
** For privacy reason, I won't disclose specific information on the name of the program I've enrolled. Sorry! **
It's my understanding that RS policy on airport-hotel group transfer and purchasing flight tickets from RS are the same across the majority of RS's international program . That being said, my frustrated experience and suggestion could apply to another RS's international program.
In reply to Road Scholar:
In reply to m.erdem111314:
In reply to mandyandarion030100:
In reply to kbaranich011213:
In reply to munchoil011452: