I am considering cancelling and was somewhat surprised that RS had not fully refunded a full amount on another travelers Odyessey Trip Are there any others who may be concerned with Road Scholars financial status given their response to requests for refunds due to the Covid19 issue
Depends on how many days out you are from program start date. The fees are on the Cancellation Schedule you received on your original confirmation email.
120 days seems like an important date on all programs…
120 days seems like an important date on all programs.
Odyssey Trips are different and I travel domestically but if you cancel before RS cancels than those fees will apply. If you wait to see if RS is going to cancel and they don't you are closer to program start date and fees are higher.
If RS cancels I believe all cancellation fees are waived.
I am guessing RS like all travel companies has insurance for such situations.
It's an awful decision. I had to make it on two programs. I re-booked for 2021. Good Luck & Keep Safe.
Hello, Road Scholar is making decisions to suspend programs due to COVID-19 on a rolling basis. Participants who cancel their program prior to their program suspension are subject to the cancellation fees listed in their enrollment packet. All participants have the option to purchase the Trip Protection Plan which will cover any cancellation fees for a credit towards a future Road Scholar program or a refund depending on their cancellation reason. For any participants enrolled in programs that have been suspended by Road Scholar, our advisors reach out to them to review their options, including a full refund of all program payments. Road Scholar is thankful that the majority of our participants in suspended programs have opted to reschedule their program in 2021. We are in a very healthy financial situation despite this unprecedented time and are looking forward to running programs again when it is safe to do so. Sincerely, Kirsten
My reservations are for the Nov. 22 trip to Egypt. Has a decision been made by Road Scholar regarding that trip?
Did you hear anything? I searched for Egypt 11/1-11/30/2020 and no trips returned from search. Guessing they are all canceled.
Hello, A determination for November programs has not yet been made. These determinations and announcements are done about 45-30 days in advance. If still enrolled, you'll be contacted in the beginning of October with the determination. Sincerely, Adrienne